The City of Elkhorn and the Elkhorn Development Company (EDC) have a long tradition of development activity in the community. In fact, the activities of the EDC began in the late 1940’s. More recently, the City and EDC formed a partnership in the late 1970’s with the purchase and subsequent development of a 120-acre parcel, later to be known as the Elkhorn Industrial Park. Additional acreage was purchased and developed in the mid 1990’s. As the economic landscape changed, the City’s development focus on industrial/manufacturing business broadened to include commercial offices and professional services. Today, the City enjoys the benefits of a diverse local business environment that continues to offer an attractive opportunity for business development and expansion.