Disposal Refuse/Recycling Calendar
The City of
Elkhorn contracts its solid waste collection, recycling and leaf
pick up to Advanced Disposal Services (formerly Veolia Environmental Services). Have your
refuse and recycling to the
curb by 6:00am on your pick up day.
Advanced Disposal is able to pick up items that are considered bulk pick up
such as stoves, refrigerators, hot water heaters, and household
furnishings such as recliners and sofas. Please call the Advanced
office to make arrangements for pick up of large items or
appliances at (800)248-2373.
to be Recycled
here for information on the recycling of used oil filters
A special recycling container is provided. Leave the container
if you move. A brief list of items to be recycled are as follows
(the complete list is above):
- Newspapers, magazines, office paper –includes glossy inserts, catalogs,
mail circulars, phone books, paperback books, cereal boxes,
envelopes, wrapping paper, etc.
- Cardboard – clean cardboard only. Must be broken down,
tied in bundles.
- Glass (Clear – Brown – Green) – rinse out, labels can stay
on. No window glass, light bulbs, TV tubes, drinking glass, etc.
- Aluminum – aluminum beverage cans only. No aluminum foil.
- Tin & Bi-Metal Cans – Soup, vegetables, juice cans, etc. All
cans must be rinsed out completely.
- Plastic – includes plastic bottles with threaded caps,
recycling symbol 1 through 5 & 7. Must be rinsed out completely (bottles will
flatten more easily when rinsed with very hot water). No deli
or butter containers.
- Waste Oil – common engine oil only. Must be in leak-proof,
non-breakable containers, one gallon jug with a threaded
lid labeled oil put out next to your recycling
- Lead Acid Vehicle Batteries – car and truck batteries only.
Battery casing must be unbroken. Put out next to your recycling
- Tires – Cart tires off the rim. Limit to two tires per week up to eight tires
per year per year. Put out next to your recycling container.
No medical waste, yard waste, wet paint or hazardous materials
will be picked up. Empty or dry paint cans may be set next to
your trash with the lids removed.
TV & Electronic Recycling
Wisconsin's E-Waste bill requires consumers to recycle
Covered Electronic Devices (CEDs) with qualified "collectors".
CEDs include computers, TVs, printers and video display devices.
Click here to view Electronic Waste and Television Recycling
There will be NO garbage pick up on the following days:
New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day,
Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day,
Collections will be one day later (working on Saturdays) when
the holiday falls during the week.
Christmas Tree Collection
Trees will be collected January 3 - 13, 2017.