News and Information


PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on or about January 2011 - December 2016 various bicycles/scooters have been recovered within the City of Elkhorn, Walworth County, Wisconsin by the Elkhorn Police Department. Failure to claim any bicycle/scooter within ninety (90) days of the date of this notice will be considered a waiver of all rights, title and interest in these bicycles. It will authorize the City of Elkhorn to dispose of these bicycles/scooters as deemed appropriate.
Please contact Captain Jon Anzalone of the Elkhorn Police Department at (262) 723-2210 to claim or for any questions.

Attached to this notice is the list of bicycles/scooters that have been recovered.

Dated April 20, 2017
Captain Jon A. Anzalone
City of Elkhorn Police Department
100 West Walworth Street
Elkhorn WI, 53121


New Website Photo Contest

The City is creating a new website and looking for photos that show off our great City! Email your high quality photo to or bring them into City Hall. When our new website is up and running you may see your photos gracing the pages!


S. Jackson Street Reconstruction


New Deferred Payment Rules

PDF Document Utility Disconnect Information

The end of the winter moratorium is fast approaching, and with that in mind, anyone who has a past due balance will see a disconnect date on their utility bill that will be mailed out on March 31, 2017. The disconnect date will be Wednesday, April 19, 2017.

Residential Tenant Customers will not be eligible for a deferred payment agreement (DPA) if any of the following apply.

  1. The residential tenant has greater than $100 of account arrearages that are more than 90 days past due.
  2. The residential tenant has defaulted on a deferred payment agreement in the past 12 months.
  3. The residential tenant is responsible for account arrearages that were placed on any property owner's tax bill in the utility's service territory in the past 24 months.
  4. The residential tenant has a balance that accrued during the winter moratorium that is more than 80 days past due.

In order to avoid electric disconnection, either pay the past due balance in full or set up a payment agreement, if you are eligible. In order to set up a payment agreement, you will be required to pay a minimum of 50% down of the FULL balance on your account, and sign an agreement for the balance. All deferred payment arrangements (DPA) must be signed by the account holder.

Assistance may be available through Energy Services of Walworth County. They are located at 319 N Wisconsin St, Elkhorn. They can be reached by phone at 262-427-8505.